It is a typical dish of the Galician gastronomy, Although he is known as a great companion, he has also been one of the delicacies that has delighted pilgrims who have given themselves the pleasure of trying this delicacy from the local seafood restaurant. It is a well-known dish from the Rias Baixas area, where you can order it in one of its restaurants or bars, as well as its variant from the Asturias or Cantabria areas. It is a dish commonly served in a clay pot or a deep dish.
How is the presentation of the clams to the seafood?
Its main characteristic is its reddish color due to the touch of peppers it carries. It is a dish that can serve both as a main dish and as tapas in an evening in the sections of the French way of Galicia. These are some clams prepared in a vegetable sauce dipped in a marine sauce, if you want to learn how to make this typical dish of the Galician gastronomy adopted by the Camino, you only need the following:
- 950 gr of fresh clams
- 1 chive or 2 onions
- 250ml white wine
- 2 peppers or tomatoes
- 200 gr of wheat flour
- 150 gr of parsley
- In a pot with water, pour the clams so that they release the residues it contains. Pour salt into the pot so that the grit and other debris from the clam come off more easily.
- Chop the onion and garlic into very fine pieces, then put oil in a frying pan and put it on the fire to wait for it to heat, so you can start with the preparation of the sauce.
- To the same frying pan you must add the clams that you had previously washed, as they open you will add white wine and wheat flour.
- Once everything is mixed, chop the peppers or tomatoes into the mixture along with the parsley, let them release juice while continuing to stir to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the sauce becomes thick and the clams release all that splendid smell, everything will be ready.
You can serve it hot or warm, or eat it cold is an adaptable dish for the situation. If you want a sample that brings your palate closer to the customs adopted on the Camino de Santiago, the Clams a la Marinera are a worthy option for the occasion.
Did you like our post?
Please rate this item with stars
Your opinion matters to us!